8 Ways to Spring-ify your wardrobe on a budget

These are all easy to find and affordable pieces for the everyday high school student. They can all be found in some form at local stores and online. With some or all of these pieces in a wardrobe it will be almost impossible to not be able to find something to wear in the morning.

1. Thrift Store Florals: Thrifting is a great way to find new clothes for a fraction of the original price. Thrift stores offer a wide variety of used clothing in a large range of sizes. Florals are probably the easiest way to make an outfit more spring-like and are very flattering for many different body types. “I love thrifting! It is so easy for me to find pieces that fit my style without breaking the bank,” said Anna Jenkins, sophomore.  

1. Solid Colored Shift Dresses: Shift dresses are a simple way to dress nicely, yet remain comfortable for a long school day. These dresses are easy to dress up or dress down with the addition of one or a few pieces. A white or black dress is a staple for any wardrobe and with the addition of a statement necklace or a bright colored jacket can be worn for any special occasion. They can also be easily dressed down with a flannel or chambray top and some sneakers.

1. A Colorful Pair of Jeans: Jeans are a staple piece in the cool spring months. They are more fun than regular jeans and add a different element to the wardrobe. They can be worn with almost anything and add a fun flair to the classic look that is a t-shirt and jeans.

1. Rompers: Rompers have been very popular recently and offer a more comfortable alternative to a dress. Rompers offer a put together look that yet is still practical. They make the outfit more interesting and add something different .

1. A Floppy Hat: Floppy hats are a great way to be stylish and practical. They protect the face from the sun and channel some really beachy vibes at the same time. Floppy hats also make any look more sophisticated and cute. Floppy hats can be a bit intimidating at times, but with the right outfit they can be perfect. Just add some good lighting and all of the people on Instagram will be jealous.

1. Sandals: Sandals are a spring must have! They are perfect for the warmer spring days and are very practical. A comfortable pair of sandals are essential in any wardrobe.

1. Bright Accessories: Pastel or neon accessories add a fun twist to regular outfits. They are focal pieces and are an easy way to make any outfit more spring-y. “I think a fun piece of jewelry is must have in my wardrobe, whether it be a statement necklace or some chunky bangle bracelets. It is an easy way for me to make my outfits less boring and make me feel like it’s spring,” said Emma Pace, sophomore.

1. A Fringe Bag: Fringe is an older trend that has recently been making a comeback in clothing and accessories. These bags go with every outfit and add a bit of texture. They are very functional and come in a wide variety of prices.