Jordan Burch Signs With Milligan College

On February 1, National Signing Day,  many varsity football and soccer players signed contracts to play at various NCAA schools.  On signing day, the athletes sign a National Letter of Intent, promising to attend that college for at least one year.  In return, the college will provide the student with an athletic scholarship. This year, Blacksburg High School soccer forward Jordan Burch signed with the Milligan Buffaloes.

Burch joined the Bruins’ varsity soccer team his sophomore year, scoring six goals and making one assist in his debut season. In his second season, Burch scored eight goals and made four assists, helping the Bruins to a runner-up finish of the Virginia High School League Boys Soccer Tournament.

Burch was given offers by the University of Mary Washington, Roanoke College, and the college he decided to sign with, Milligan. He was also in contact with James Madison University, Christopher Newport University, and Radford University.

“Signing day was pretty nerve racking, but exciting. I was the only one signing that day, and I was really glad to see so many people there to see me sign,” said Burch.

The Buffaloes are losing their two starting forwards at the end of the season due to graduation, and they are looking for replacements.

“I think I can fill their shoes and be an adequate replacement.  I think one of the main reasons Milligan wanted me to join was due to the strikers leaving and my potential to be as good as them,” said Jordan Burch.

Burch’s last season with the Bruins will end in late May.  He will join his new teammates in Tennessee on August 2 for pre-season.